Monday, July 28, 2014

Off to the County Fair!!!!

I just returned from the fairgrounds after dropping off these beauties.


Salute to Abigail, Holy Moses, Christmas Garden, My Country Pillow and the Gingerbread Cupcake.
It has been a few years since I have entered anything so we will see how I do.
Maybe I will enter the Minnesota State Fair too:)


Here is a close up of Salute to Abigail by Blackbird designs.
I decided to frame it.  Went to Michael's with a 60% off coupon.
I really like this frame.


This is the finished pillow of My Country by La D Da.
I am quite happy with this finish also.  I didn't get it done in time for the 4th though.

This is the Gingerbread Cupcake by Victoria Sampler.  I have had it done for a bit but hadn't glued it down.  I was trying to decided how to anchor it and went for the glue version.  

This is my current WIP. It is My Brother's Keeper by Plum Street Samplers.  
Sorry about the wrinkled look.  I have 5 more squares to do.  I am
really trying to stay on task and finish this instead of starting something new!

 These next two pictures are just a closed look at my WIP.


Thanks for stopping by and I will hopefully have a fair update next week.


7 comments:

Marilyn said...

Great finishes Joan.
Brothers Keeper is looking good too.
Good luck with your Fair entries!
Marilyn

marly said...

Wow. I can't imagine you not placing at the fair. Holy Moses is spectacular but I love them all.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Good luck with the fair--they look like winners to me

Annie said...

All your pieces are wonderful! Best of luck to you!

Vickie said...

How exciting! Do you frame without glass?

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

GOOD LUCK!!! I just took mine to the fair this past week myself :)
They are all stunningly gorgeous, they will place very well, totally sure :)

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Some real pretty pieces there. Hope the judges have a good eye!!